Provide technical support of specialized systems and product applications including advanced troubleshooting of software driven electronics, provisioning of communication system infrastructure and performance optimization of RF and Broadband architecture including, but not limited to, legacy analog, advanced digital P25, MOTOTRBO and data infrastructure.
- Maintain, optimize, test and document complex communications systems. Provide weekly reports of activities and accomplishments.
- Must have very strong knowledge of wired communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN), must be proficient in computer network installation, configuration and maintenance systems to include cabling, routers, switches, firewalls and bridges.
- Must be capable of performing maintenance of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
- Experience with logging recording systems, RF interfaces, wired/wireless communications systems and/or networking equipment
- Unique combinations of both multi-site RF communications system and/or computer/networking skills are required.
2-year Associate’s Degree in Electronics or IT or 4+ years Field Experience as a System Technician.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate systems experience and have a minimum of 4 years of related experience with the following equipment:
- Motorola Base Stations (STR series, GTR series, Quantar, and SLR series etc. )
- Centracom Consoles (Gold Elite, MCC7500, MCC7100)
- Channel Banks and T1 Circuits
- Computer IP Networks and Configuration
Experience working with RF Infrastructure Technologies to include Motorola SmartZone, Smartnet, Console Systems, ASTRO Conventional and Trunked equipment is strongly preferred
The Candidate must have skills in the use of various communications test equipment including:
- Communication System Analyzers
- Ethernet Link test sets
- T1 Test Sets
- TIMS (Transmission Impairment Measurement Set)
- Digital RF Power Meter
Individual must have knowledge of one or more of the following: Motorola Conventional, SmartNet, Centracom and MCC Console systems, Secure Operations and ASTRO A7.x Digital systems and installation procedures.
Must be capable of performing maintenance of server hardware/OS and software infrastructure and troubleshooting to resolve system/application related issues.
Ideally, the individual should have or be pursuing at least one network certification:
- Related certification
Must have experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios or consoles.
Applicant must be proficient with Microsoft Office products and Motorola Radio Programming Software suite.
Must have excellent communications skills and always present a professional image.
Must have a current, valid driver’s license and no traffic violations.
"*" indicates required fields